Wednesday, August 10, 2016

• Aprons Galore •





It has been a long time since I posted about aprons, don't you think?  I really didn't think there would be this many to post, but I was happily surprised upon looking back through photos and finding so many of them.  Unfortunately for us (but good for everyone else!), not one of them was for us!  We need to break down and make ourselves some aprons!

Without further ado, let's jump in.  :)





I made this apron just a week or so ago for a friend's birthday.  The fabric seemed like her style and color, and was *just* enough to squeeze an apron out of.  It is an 1850s-1870s reproduction print, actually, and the fun part is that my mom and I have about 13 yards of a black and cream version of this exact fabric that we have grand plans for.  ;)




The style of this one is pretty simple; rounded corners, slight gathers at the waist, contrasting topstitching, and ricrac edging around the "skirt", waistband seam, and pocket band.   I did throw in a fun surprise though, which was lining the pocket with coordinating polka-dot fabric.  :)  (And yes, it IS the same fabric as the dress shown in the pictures)





Next up is this 1860s apron, which I did in fact make for myself, but I ended up cutting it too short for my height.  *tears*  It is for sale in my Etsy shop, so do check it out if you are in the market for one!  All stitching visible to the outside is done by hand, so it is perfectly period-correct, and made from reproduction fabric.




I love this fabric to pieces. 




The skirt is made from two widths (90" total) of fabric, so it is nice and full and hangs beautifully with or without a hoopskirt.  




I made this little one last fall for a wedding present, but sadly did not get many pictures of it at all.  Thelma Lou happened to be wearing this particular outfit, so it got to be the involuntary (and mismatched) backdrop for an impromptu photoshoot.  At least I have photographic evidence of it, anyway!




Contrasting waistband and ties, pleated skirt, and a sweetheart waistband.




*cuteness alert*

Another wedding gift, this little '50s job was made from feedsack reproduction fabric.  The contrasting gingham binding was from an old jumper or some such that we had saved just for this purpose.  :)  





The gal this apron was for *loves* ladybugs, so I had to sneak one on there.  :)




This gorgeous '50s sweetheart one was made over a year ago, particularly for the shop.  Click here to see the listing.







This particular gingham fabric has been used on SO many projects!!  I should pick up some more, methinks!  ;)







And last, but definitely not least, this gorgeous blue one my mom made for another wedding gift.  She made it using an original apron of her grandma's as the pattern.  I just love this style!!!! 




Fun blue polka dots accent the pretty floral.  Recognize that fabric?  It's the blue-toned version of my purple dress fabric!!  :)




Scalloped hem.



The pockets on this apron are the cutest thing; adorable little triangles!!  :)

I hope you enjoyed this post!  It's so much fun to share the smaller projects we make from time to time.  Thanks for stopping by!!  :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. All of these are so beautiful! I keep on thinking I must make myself an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do it? Those are all sooo sweet!
    Sheri's daughter Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely aprons Esther! I especially like the last apron style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so immensely pretty. I especially adore the yellow and pink floral sweetheart apron. Beautiful work across the board, my fellow apron adoring lady.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, ladies!!! :) Your comments made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All gorgeous, but the red fifties one makes my heart skip a beat! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)